Dental Malpractice Attorney in Santa Barbara
Seeking Justice for Injured Dental Patients
When you go to the dentist for an annual checkup or a procedure, like an extraction or root canal, you expect your health to be improved. After all, dentists are dedicated to maintaining your oral health through cleanings and surgeries. It’s only natural that you should trust your certified dentist to do their job well.
However, sometimes procedures can go horribly wrong due to negligence, leading to you leaving your appointment feeling worse than you did before. If you’ve been injured because of your dentist’s actions, The Law Office of Dean Schweitzer is available to help you file a personal injury claim.
As a dental malpractice lawyer in Santa Barbara, I’m dedicated to helping you recover the damages you’ve accrued because of your injuries. You shouldn’t have to pay for a dental professional’s mistakes.
Types of Dental Malpractice Cases I’ve Handled
Past dental malpractice cases in California I have experience handling include:
- Anesthesia errors
- Infections and abscesses
- Nerve damage
- Root canals
- Failed dental implants
- Failed diagnoses and treatments
- Extraction injuries
- Defective bridges and crowns
- Orthodontic failures
- Wrongful death
- TMJ pain and dysfunction caused by doctor
Symptoms of Failed Dental Procedures
Unfortunately, even routine dental practices can go wrong if your dentist or oral surgeon isn’t careful.
Dental accidents can result in minor to more serious injuries that include:
- Nerve damage
- Blood poisoning
- Tooth loss
- And more
Sometimes, a dentist’s failure to diagnose mouth cancers can be deadly for their patient.
What to Establish in Your Claim
The injured patient must clearly establish several facts when filing their personal injury claim for dental malpractice.
What Does a Dental Malpractice Claim Entail?
The main elements of a claim include:
- Establishing a dentist-patient relationship
- Establishing a medical standard of care, which is often given by an expert medical witness who has experience with the procedure that was performed on the patient
- Proving a breach of care, which shows that your dentist caused your injury or made your condition worse through their actions or inactions
- Showing severity of injury, which can be proven through thorough documentation of the nature and extent of your injury
How Our Dental Negligence Lawyer Can Help
Whether you were injured by a dentist, oral surgeon, or orthodontist, your injuries can quickly add up to costs that you may not be prepared to pay. Injuries can be expensive to treat and can also result in you losing your wages from having to miss days or weeks of work.
An attorney for dental malpractice can represent your interests and pursue the compensation you need to pay for your medical bills and other damages.
Our dental malpractice attorney can help hold negligent dentists responsible by:
- Determining whether your dentist breached their duty of care
- Gathering expert witnesses to prove breach of care
- Collecting evidence to support your claim
- Filling out your legal paperwork
- Helping you understand your options and moving the case forward, if necessary
You don’t want to pursue your case alone and risk the possibility of not being able to achieve the full amount of compensation you’re owed. A lawyer for dental malpractice with years of experience and demonstrated success with past clients can be trusted to make sure the negligent don’t evade liability for their actions.